Park Street Dental Associates
MANDATED COVID - 19 VACCINE POLICY
Park Street Dental Associates is committed to protecting our patients, each other, and visitors from exposure to COVID-19 at our facility and therefore has established and implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Program effective August 1, 2021. The program is mandatory for all Covered Individuals, as defined below and is consistent with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations on COVID-19 Vaccine administration.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for all Covered Individuals unless such Covered Individual is an Exempted Individual. Any Exempted Individual must wear a facemask, provided by the facility, at all times while at work, unless Covered Individual provides prior written proof of high sensitivity to materials on their faces that prevents them from wearing a mask, in accordance with the CDC guidance.
1. “Employed Covered Individuals'' means any Park Street Dental Associates employee.
2. “COVID-19 Vaccine” defined as the FDA approved or authorized vaccine to be
immunized against SARs-CoV-2 that is approved for use by the CDC.
3. “Exempted Individuals” means an Employed CI who receives an approved medical exemption, religious exemption, or is exempt by a collective bargaining agreement which agreement covers services rendered at RWJBarnabas Health facilities or is a Covered Individual, other than an Employed CI, who provides a completed Attestation Form.“
4. “Full Compliance” defined as having received an approved one dose (e.g. Jansen) or two dose (e.g. Pfizer, Moderna) required COVID-19 vaccine or an approved Exemption.
6. “Fully Vaccinated” defined as two weeks following the last dose of the applicable COVID-19 Vaccine, including any authorized boosters of the vaccine (i.e. Two weeks after the Janssen vaccine or Two weeks of the second dose of the Pfizer Bio Tech or Moderna Vaccine).
A. For an Employed CI:
i. All Employed CI must be in Full Compliance no later than September 15, 2021.
ii. New Hires: Please refer to Section 4 below.
2. ADMINISTRATION OF THE COVID-19 VACCINE: Covered Individuals may register and receive the COVID-19 Vaccine from any vaccination site located in the United States.
3. NEW HIRES: All new hired Employed CI hired after August 1, 2021, will be required to: A. Provide a completed CDC issued COVID-19 Vaccination card during the New Hire Physical process; or achieve Full Compliance of the COVID-19 vaccination within two (2) months of their date of hire or furnish any exemption requests (medical or religious) during the New Hire Physical process based on the referenced documentation listed under the exemption portion of the policy as a condition of employment.
B. For any exemption requests, newly hired Employed CI shall furnish any exemption requests (medical or religious) during the New Hire Physical process based on the referenced documentation listed under the exemption portion of the policy as a condition of employment.
C. Any new hire that receives an approved exemption will then be considered an Exempted Individual, and subject to those requirements, including masking consistent with non-vaccinated individuals.
i. Exemption requests not finalized prior to the new hires start date will require the new hire to follow the non-vaccinated masking guidelines until final review is rendered.
ii. If the exemption request is not approved, the new hire will have seven (7) business days to obtain the one dose series or one dose of the two-dose series COVID-19 vaccination or be subject to separation from employment in accordance with this policy.
5. MASKING AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS: For Exempted Individuals and those Employed CI awaiting a decision regarding a requested exemption, it is mandatory to properly wear a facemask (surgical and procedural masks will be available at the facility) at all times. When taking a meal and/or other break(s) during their scheduled shift, Covered Individuals must adhere to the following established safety requirements.
7. EXEMPTION PROCEDURES AND IDENTIFICATION:
• For Employed CI, requesting a medical exemption or a religious/sincerely held belief exemption must be completed and submitted with the appropriate Request Form, by September 1, 2021.
• For Employed CI hired after August 1, 2021 requesting a medical exemption or a religious/sincerely held belief exemption shall complete and submit the appropriate Request Form, at the time of the New Hire Physical process. Applications not submitted by such date will not be accepted for review.
• For those Employed CI requesting a medical exemption after a first dose of any COVID-19 Vaccine shall complete and submit the appropriate Request Form no later than October 1, 2021.
A. MEDICAL EXEMPTIONS for Employed CI: Employed CI may be eligible for a Medical Exemption if they meet any of the following conditions and request an exemption:
• Any person who has a severe allergy to an identified component of the COVID-19 vaccine; or other medical conditions supported by a treating physician on a case by-case basis.
• The Employed CI must complete and submit the appropriate Request, no later than the due date stated in Section 7 above.
• Following the effective date of this policy, any newly hired Employed CI shall submit a Request for Medical Exemption Form as part of their New Hire physical process. Exemption requests not finalized prior to the new hires start date will require the new hire to follow masking guidelines until final review isrendered.
• The office will review all completed requests. Employed CI will be notified of the outcome of their requests in approximately seven (7) business days following submission of completed request.
• In general, once an Employed CI is approved for a medical exemption unless otherwise limited, a Covered Individual will not be required to submit any future requests.
B. RELIGIOUS/ SINCERELY HELD BELIEF EXEMPTIONS: Employed CI may be eligible for a Religious/Sincerely Held Belief exemption and shall complete and submit the appropriate Request, no later than the due date stated in Section 7 above.
• Following the effective date of this policy, any newly hired Employed CI shall submit a Request for Religious Exemption/Sincerely Held Belief Exemption as part of their new hire physical. Requests not finalized prior to the new hires start date will require the new hire to follow masking guidelines until final review is rendered.
• The office will review all completed requests. All employees will be notified of the outcome of their requests in approximately seven (7) business days following submission of completed request.
8. NON-COMPLIANCE: Any Employed CI who (i) fails to obtain at least the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, or (ii) is not an Exempted Individual, or (iii) does not have a pending exemption, by the end of the business day on October 1, 2021 (for new hires the time frame set forth in section 4 above) shall be deemed not in compliance with this policy. In lieu of instituting an unpaid suspension effective October 1, 2021 for any Employed CI not in compliance, such Employed CI will continue to work (and be paid), follow the CDC guidelines for unvaccinated individuals working in the healthcare facility, for the two-week time frame ending October 15, 2021(for new hires two consecutive weeks following their time to comply as set forth in section 4 above) within which such Employed CI may become compliant with policy. Any Employed CI who fails to comply will be terminated from employment effective October 15, 2021 (for new hires within two consecutive weeks following their time to comply as set forth in section 4 above)..
9. MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Ensure that all Covered Individuals are aware of this policy, the mandatory vaccine requirement, the exemption process, and any applicable educational materials regarding the vaccine as appropriate.
B. Review available reports for all Employed Covered Individuals for their participation. C. Maintain the confidentiality of any medical information or information concerning the vaccine status of Covered Individuals.
D. Refrain from asking Covered Individuals follow-up questions regarding their vaccine status that may tend to reveal a disability. If a Covered Individual indicates that they qualify for an exemption, the employee should be referred to the exemption application process without being required to answer any further questions.
E. Ensure all department employees are aware of any department specific requirements related to using protective equipment when performing certain job activities with the department or elsewhere within the facility to minimize risks to patient, self, and others.
F. Ensure that all Covered Individuals approved for an exemption follow additional required restrictions, safety protocols, or safety requirements related to using protective equipment when performing certain job activities with the department or elsewhere within the facility to minimize risks to patient, self, and others.
G. Ensure all policy and procedure steps are followed as outline in the policy
including communicating and administering the “Non-Compliance” consequences in a timely and consistent manner.
10. EMPLOYEE RESPONSIBILITIES:
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE EMPLOYEES TO:
- Discuss vaccination status of any patient, including patients that are employees.
- Discuss any Employee’s Vaccination/Exemption status.
- Discuss personal beliefs regarding vaccines, politics, or controversial topics.